This is my favorite homemade deodorant recipe and it’s easy to make. It works and lasts!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch (this adds an antiperspirant effect)
- 10 drops essential oil (try lavender, ylang ylang, frankincense, melaleuca, or whatever smell you like!) For more information about the essential oils I use and buy at wholesale prices, follow me over here…
How to make it:
*I use all organic ingredients.
- Mix baking soda, cornstarch, and arrowroot powder in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and use a fork to blend with the dry ingredients.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil (my favorites – so far – are lavender and ylang ylang)
- Add more coconut oil or baking soda to get the right consistency.
Stir all the ingredients together and pour into a mason jar. I also pour a small amount into a travel container for future travel use.
This amount lasts me about 6 months. (My older kids use it, too!)
That’s it! All natural, healthy, and free of toxic ingredients.